For the very first time Bruichladdich Octomore 6.3 has been distilled exclusively from 100% Islay barley. The barley, grown by James Brown on the Logbra field of his Octomore farm, 1 mile from the distillery has been peated to an extraordinary 258 PPM. The highest PPM ever released in the industry and the very first 100% Islay grown barley – THIS IS OCTOMORE OF OCTOMORE.
- Mesmerising in its potency – perfect balance. The texture is like warm honey. Rich in taste with a depth of character that can only be found in Islay.
- Colour – Autumn sunshine / citrine
- Nose – It opens on the call of the sea. Waves thundering onto the west coast the wind sending a mist onto the moorland tempting the wild plants to release their unique aromas. Notes of myrtle, meadowsweet, mint and heather flower, wild thyme and red clover. They in turn dance in perfect harmony with the strong, uplifting peatiness of the Islay grown Barley, it’s exhilarating. It’s seriously dramatic and that’s only the beginning.
- Palate – When the heat of the peat fires cool there is a spontaneous detonation of soft red grapes / cherries, Russian toffee, bitter chocolate, maple syrup and mellow oak. It’s a taste like no other, this is whisky cut loose, unhindered, unchanged, its sorcery.
- Finish – It is long & strong. Warming the soul and lifting the heart. Bringing back memories of the early years when mens sweat instilled a unique character to the spirit. Today that DNA continues. Join us as we look to the past while we journey into the future chasing rainbows. Years of searching I have found the rainbow’s end. Mood – The flavours just keep evolving to the point where it’s driving you crazy with joy and you just want to tell the world what is happening. Relax and keep it to yourself it’s not for sharing and when the glass is empty you will be the ultimate warrior.