Bruichladdich distillery sits on the western shore of Loch Indaal facing Bowmore opposite on the eastern shore.
They have three ranges of expressions. The Bruichladdich unpeated range which includes;
- ‘The Laddie Eight’
- ‘Bere Barley 2009’
- ‘The Classic Laddie’
- ‘Islay Barley 2009’
- ‘The Organic Scottish Barley’
The heavily peated Port Charlotte Range including;
- ‘Port Charlotte 2007’
- ‘Port Charlotte Scottish Barley’
- ‘Port Charlotte Islay Barley’
The super heavily peated Octomore range which claims to be the most heavily peated whisky in the world;
- ‘Octomore 07.4/167 PPM Virgin Oak’
- ‘Octomore 07.3/ 169 PPM Islay Barley 2010’
- ‘Octomore 07.1/ 208 PPM Scottish Barley’ the most peaty.
The numbers refer to amount of peat infused in the barley measured in PPM (parts per million).
Bruichladdich have also recently started producing ‘The Botanist’ dry gin which is infused with 22 locally foraged botanicals including, heather, gorse, juniper, bog myrtle, wild thyme and wood sage. As one may imagine this produces a very fragrant gin
Have look at some of the Bruichladdich whiskies available at our shop.