Lagavulin 16 Year Old
Lagavulin is the biggest, richest, and most intensely flavoured Islay Single Malt Scotch Whiskies. It is an ‘essential’ Scotch Whisky that any connoisseur or enthusiast must have in their collection; one of the world’s favourite Malt Whiskies.
- The deep amber gold liquid has a dry peaty palate with a gentle but strong sweetness, followed by sea and salt with touches of wood.
- Lagavulin has a long, elegant peat-filled finish with lots of salt and seaweed.
- Lagavulin works in an extraordinary way with intensely flavoured salty blue cheeses – Roquefort, Stilton,Gorgonzola and Lanark Blue. Also excellent with anchovies on toast.
- 2015 Silver Outstanding Medal Winner – International Wine & Spirits Competition
- IWSC Awards Tasting Note: Smoke and marzipan distinguish the nose, with a certain nuttiness joining these flavours on a palate that shows well-integrated oak and a delicate sweetness.