Kilchoman Sanaig, a small rocky inlet north west of the distillery is the name given to this continuously available release. Sanaig has a predominantly sherry cask influence owing to the significant time spent in oloroso sherry hogsheads. These aged oloroso casks contribute a drastically transformed depth of colour and character compared to the mostly bourbon cask matured machir bay.
- Nose of pineapple chunks and white grapes
- Hints of fresh coffee carry the earthy, subtly spicy peat
- Palate of more light fruits with dark chocolate raisins and a whisper of red berries
- Peat grows and grows with a little black pepper too
- Quite long with coastal peat lasting finish