Kilchoman Loch Gorm 2017 Release
“70cl / 46.0% – The 2017 release of Kilchoman’s Loch Gorm, the Islay distillery’s yearly Sherry-cask-matured single malt. Ageing exclusively in Oloroso Sherry butts, this expression blends peat smoke and rich, chocolatey sweetness wonderfully. 13,500 bottles were released.”
- 1 x 70cl Kilchoman Loch Gorm 2017 Release Single Malt Whisky in Gift Box 46%
- The 2017 edition is the sixth and oldest instalment of the range, having been matured exclusively in Oloroso sherry butts filled in 2009.
- With the majority of our whisky being matured in ex bourbon barrels, Loch Gorm is the only release to be maturated exclusively in Oloroso sherry casks, only 13,500 bottles will be available worldwide. Like many of our expressions, Loch Gorm releases have been evolving over the years and this, the 2017 edition, is the oldest yet.
- This extra maturation has afforded it a full-bodied richness which combines with the peat smoke and fruity flavours typical of Kilchoman to create a truly unique Islay single malt.
- Anthony Wills, Kilchoman Founder and Managing Director; “Loch Gorm is undoubtedly assertive however in the midst of its distinctive peat smoke and sherry character it retains a certain finesse and subtlety.”