Bruichladdich Cuvee 640 21 Year Old Whisky 70 cl
This American-oak-aged Bruichladdich Cuvee 640 21 Year Old Whisky has been further matured in Limousin oak casks from acquitaine that for many years contained one of the great eaux de vie. These casks tannins have added new layers of rich complexity to our own elegant, floral Bruichladdich. This is a spirit to give pause, to reflect on. A spirit as much for the mind as for the palate. Curvaceous, buxom, captivating yet elegant with a silky texture that is divine.
- Colour: Mahogany / bronze
- Finish: Ultra sexy, a rare and wonderful experience – if this was a movie it would have to be “Casablanca”. One to be enjoyed at the close of the day with others who share the same passion for the rare things in life.
- Mood: A spirit as much for the mind as for the palate.
- Nose: The opening notes are of marinated pears, apricot, mango, spicy apple; then drifts of dark chocolate orange & espresso coffee can be detected together with vanilla rich toffee. The seductive notes of old style malt whisky rise serenely; warm, reassuring and deceptively potent. The aromatics flirt shamelessly with the senses and then you realise that this is no ordinary spirit – it’s just so wonderfully fragrant. Gentle spices, citrus, dried fruit & herbs pop up like champagne bubbles keeping the mood one of celebration and joy.
- Palate: Fantastique! The taste is rich and mellow. Many flavours continue to evolve – rich ripe apple, turkish delight, soft strawberries, candied almonds and above all others that beguiling maltiness that is the mark of all Bruichladdich spirits. This, plus the coastal marine freshness adds life & vitality arousing the senses to an even higher level. You just know that this is authentic Islay heaven, simultaneously delicate and potent. The amorous embrace of France has not turned the islanders head. He remains mature and mellow while thoroughly enjoying the smouldering warmth of the femme fatale.