Talisker Skye Single Malt
Talisker is the only malt whisky distillery made by the sea on the shores of the Isle of Skye, renowned for its rich, varied landscape – from its soft, serene shores to the dark, jagged peaks of the Cuillin mountains. Talisker Skye is the distillery’s ode to these appealing contrasts, with a smoky sweetness, maritime notes and a spicy edge. For over 175 years Talisker’s distillation process has remained virtually unchanged. Despite the seemingly relentless march of progress, the spirit will always be double distilled to create a rich, deep character embodying maritime characteristics of a coastal whisky.
- “Some people say that Scotch has lost its edge, especially compared to bigger, more bombastic world whiskies. They need to try this.” Neil Ridley 2015, Whisky Magazine, Issue 127.
- Flavour Notes: Talisker Skye has a smoky sweetness with a spicy edge.
- Serve suggestion: Best enjoyed neat or on the rocks. Talisker is superb with smoked salmon.
- The unique distillation during the first of the two stages of distillation gives Talisker its complexity and delivers its signature peppery note.
- Talisker is the ideal single malt for those looking to explore the island whisky category, known for their general smoky style.