Ardbeg 10 Year Old. Ardbeg is described as ‘unquestionably the greatest distillery on earth’. It was established in 1815 by the MacDougalls. Ardbeg is located on the stormy and rugged south coast of the island of Islay, off the West Coast of Scotland. This irrepressible, complex spirit is the peatiest and smokiest of all the Islay Malts and yet is perfectly balanced by an intriguing sweetness. Its limited availability and reputation amongst connoisseurs make Ardbeg a much sought after luxury by those ‘in the know’.
- Matured in a balance of 1st Fill (vanilla sweetness) and 2nd Fill (spiciness) ex-Bourbon American Oak casks
- Bottled at 46% ABV for maximum texture and ‘mouth-feel’
- A burst of intense smoky fruit escapes into the atmosphere-peat infused with zesty lemon and lime, wrapped in waxy dark chocolate
- The finish goes on and on-long and smoky with tarry espresso, aniseed, toasted almonds and traces of soft barley and fresh pear
- It was awarded 85 points by Michael Jackson’s Book
- 2015 Silver Outstanding Medal Winner – International Wine & Spirits Competition
- IWSC Awards Tasting Note: Attractive floral meadow flower notes open proceedings with lemon meringue pie and dry spices all ensuring that the character continues right through to the rich finish.